Direct-attached storage (DAS) environments have traditionally been unable to share storage between servers and storage enclosures, resulting in lower utilization and creating “islands” of storage. The LSI® SAS 6160 6Gb/s SAS Switch enables shared DAS, letting multiple servers connect to one or more storage systems with up to 1,000 devices. Also compatible with SATA devices, the LSI SAS 6160 Switch is designed for small and medium business (SMB) and other environments seeking a unified storage strategy without the high costs of traditional SAN infrastructure.
- Share DAS between multiple servers for greater availability and utilization
- Easily manage storage arrays with SAS in-band and Ethernet out-of-band management
- Performance to support bandwidth-intensive applications with 16 SAS ports with aggregate bandwidth of 384Gb/s
- Easier management with T-10 compliant zoning and support for up to 192 zone groups and 16 zone sets
- Install a dual switch configuration with no additional rack space needed