Hermetically Sealed, Low If, Wide Vcc, Logic Gate Optocouplers
The HCPL-6230 is a commercial grade two channel hermetically sealed optocoupler in a 20 pad Leadless Ceramic Chip Carrier with solder dipped pads. The solder contains lead.
The product is capable of operation and storage over the full military temperature range and may also be purchased with full MIL-PRF-38534 Class Level H or K testing or from the DSCC SMD 5962-88769. All devices are manufactured and tested on a MIL-PRF-38534 certified line and Class H and K versions are included in the DSCC Qualified Manufacturers List QML-38534 for Hybrid Microcircuits.
Each channel contains an AlGaAs light emitting diode which is optically coupled to an integrated high gain photon detector. The detector has a threshold with hysteresis which provide differential mode noise immunity and eliminates the potential for output signal chatter. The detector in the single channel units has a tri-state output stage which allows for direct connection to data buses. The output is non-inverting. The detector IC has an internal shield that provides a guaranteed common mode transient immunity of up to 1000 V/micro-second. Improved power supply rejection eliminates the need for special power supply bypass precautions.
Package styles for this die set in one, two or four channels are 8-Pin DIP through hole, 16-Pin surface mount DIP flat pack, and 20 pad leadless ceramic chip carrier. Most devices may be purchased with a variety of lead forms and plating options. See the datasheet for details.
Because the same electrical die (emitters and detectors) are used for each channel of each device listed in the datasheet, absolute maximum ratings, recommended operating conditions, electrical specifications, and performance characteristics shown in the datasheet figures are virtually identical for all parts. Occasional exceptions exist due to package variations and limitations and are as noted. Additionally, the same package assembly processes and materials are used in all devices. These similarities give justification for the use of data obtained from one part to represent other parts performance for reliability and certain limited radiation test results.
- Commercial Grade, Two Channel, 20 Pad Leadless Ceramic Chip Carrier
- Performance Guaranteed from -55 degrees to 125 degrees C
- High Radiation Immunity
- Reliability Data
- MIL-PRF-38534 Class H and Class K Available
- Four Hermetically Sealed Package Configurations Available
- One and Four Channel Devices Available (different package)
- Wide Vcc Range (4.5 to 20 V)
- 350 ns Maximum Propagation Delay
- CMR: > 10,000 V/micro-second Typical
- 1500 Vdc Withstand Test Voltage
- Compatible with LSTTL, TTL, and CMOS Logic
- Three Stage Output Available
- Military and Aerospace
- High Reliability Systems
- Transportation, Medical, and Life Critical Systems
- High Speed Line Receiver
- Pulse Transformer Replacement
- Isolated Bus Driver (Single Channel)
- Ground Loop Elimination
- Computer-Peripheral Interfaces
- Harsh Industrial Environments
|CMR (min.) (V/µs)||10000.0|
|Data Rate||5 Mb/s|
|IF Min. (mA)||2.0|
|Input Current Ma Uom||mA|
|Max Qty of Samples||2|
|Package||20 Terminal Hermetic LCCC|
|Product Type||Hermetic High Speed Logic Gate|
|Prop Delay (tPHL) Max. (µs)||350.0|
|Prop Delay tPHL Uom||ns|
|Prop Delay (tPLH) Max. (µs)||350.0|
|Prop Delay tPLH Uom||ns|