39-bit Multi-turn Absolute Encoder with RS-485 Half-duplex Output
The AS38-H39E-Kxxx is a multi-turn absolute encoder series with 39-bit resolution (23-bit single-turn and 16-bit multi-turn). The AS38-H39E-Kxxx is a housed encoder consisting of a patterned disk, a light source, and photosensitive elements that translate mechanical motion to electrical signal. The -Kxxx series come with preloaded proprietary, RS-485 compliant protocol supported by a half-duplex line transmission drive (RS-485), offering good noise immunity to enable a robust data transmission up to 2.5 Mbps in harsh industrial environments.
The key advantage of the AS38-H39E-Kxxx is that the multi-turn tracking circuitry does not need a battery as its power is generated by the Wiegand-based energy harvesting technology. Also, the gearless multi-turn counting does not have gear wear-out or acoustics noise issue typically encountered in conventional gear based multi-turn encoders. Comparing to other multi-turn encoders with batter backup, the AS38-H39E-Kxxx does not have down time associated with periodic maintenance of the battery backup components. Intended for industrial applications, the product incorporates an ESD protection circuitry meeting Class 3 ESD immunity per IEC -61000-4-2 standard and is also compliant with IP50 per IEC 60529 standard.
- 39-bit resolution: 16-bit energy harvesting multi-turn & 23-bits optical single-turn
- Alarm features with CRC and alarm status bits
- Built in RS-485 half-duplex communication protocol
- Overall encoder outer diameter of Ø38 mm and maximum height of 40 mm
- Supports 8mm diameter of blind hollow shaft
- 5K bits of user accessible memory in E2PROM
- Factory Automation
- Linear Positioning System
- CNC Machine Tool
- Medical and Lab Equipment
- Wind Turbine
|Max Qty of Samples||1|