Cookies and Your Privacy
- Tailor its operation to your needs, likes and dislikes
- Enable automated log-in as a convenience for previously registered customers.
- Prevent multiple survey requests during your visit(s) to our web sites.
- Provide a better, more relevant web experience by letting us monitor what's working and what isn't through web site traffic analysis.
We want you to know that accepting a cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any personal information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
What are Cookies
A cookie is a piece of information either stored temporarily in your browser's memory space (session cookie) or placed on your computer's hard drive (stored cookie). Cookies allow a web application to respond to you as an individual, without the need to identify you explicitly.
- Session cookies disappear when you close your web browser.
- Stored cookies tyically have a predetermined expiration date after which they disappear from your hard drive.
To learn more about cookies, please visit AboutCookies.org; a guide designed to help you control and delete cookies.
Cookies Used on Avago's Web Sites
We have categorized our cookie use below. Note that some cookies are set by third parties which Avago does not control, so we can't ensure their cookies won't change over time.
- Web Site Login
To provide acurate data, we identify users accessing myAvago, the login required area of avagotech.com.
- Web Site Content
We use services from a number of companies to provide the most relevant and appropriate content for our visitors. Most of these services are used in specific areas of the site, meaning their cookies are set only when that content area is visited.
- Social Networks
We utilize a number of social network services to enhance the sharing of our content.
- Web Site Traffic Analysis
We can provide a more relevant web experience by monitoring what's working and what isn't through web site traffic analysis.
Adjusting Browser Cookie Settings
Cookies can be managed through functionality built into most web browsers (e.g. Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome). They can be adjusted to notify you of cookie placement requests, ask for permission to accept them, or decline cookies completely. For information on how to adjust your web browser cookie settings, please visit:
Cookie/Web Site Questions
If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact us.