Hermetically Sealed, Transistor Output Optocouplers for Analog and Digital Applications
The HCPL-653K is a Class K two channel hermetically sealed optocoupler in a 20 pad leadless ceramic chip carrier with solder dipped pads and the highest level of reliability. The solder contains lead.
The product is capable of operation and storage over the full military temp range and may also be purchased as either commercial grade, MIL-PRF-38534 Class Level H, or from the DSCC SMD 5962-87679. The HCPL-653K is manufactured and tested on a MIL-PRF-38534 certified line and included in the DSCC Qualified Manufacturers List QML-38534 for Hybrid Microcircuits.
Each channel contains a GaAsP LED which is optically coupled to an integrated photon detector. Separate connections for the photodiodes and output transistor collectors improve the speed up to a hundred times that of a conventional phototransistor coupler by reducing the base-collector capacitance.
The device is suitable for wide bandwidth analog applications, as well as for interfacing TTL to LSTTL or CMOS. Current Transfer Ratio (CTR) is 9% min at IF = 16mA. The 18V Vcc capability will enable the designer to interface any TTL family to CMOS. The availability of the base lead allows optimized gain/bandwidth adjustment in analog applications. The shallow depth of the IC photodiode provides better radiation immunity than conventional phototransistor couplers.
This product is also available with the transistor base node connected to improve common mode immunity and ESD susceptibility. In addition, higher CTR minimums are available by special request.
Package styles for this die set in one, two or four channels are 8 and 16-Pin DIP thru hole, 16-Pin surface mount DIP flat pack, and 20 pad leadless ceramic chip carrier. Most devices are available with a variety of lead forms and plating options. See datasheet for details.
As the same die are used for each channel of each device listed in the datasheet, absolute max ratings, recommended operating conditions, electrical specifications, and performance characteristics shown in the datasheet figures are virtually identical for all parts. Occasional exceptions exist due to package variations and limitations and are as noted. Additionally, the same package assembly processes and materials are used in all devices. These similarities give justification for the use of data obtained from one part to represent other parts performance for reliability and certain limited radiation test results.
- Highest Reliability, Two Channel, 20 Pad Leadless Ceramic Chip Carrier
- Performance Guaranteed from -55 degrees to 125 degrees C
- MIL-PRF-38534 Class K, QML-38534
- Dual Marked with Device Part Number and DSCC Standard Microcircuit Drawing
- High Radiation Immunity
- Reliability Data
- MIL-PRF-38534 Class H Available
- Five Hermetically Sealed Package Configurations
- One and Four Channel Devices Available (different package)
- 9 MHz Bandwidth
- High Speed: Typically 400kBit/s
- Open Collector Output
- 2-18 V Vcc Range
- 1500 Vdc Withstand Test Voltage
- Military and Aerospace
- High Reliability Systems
- Transportation, Medical, and Life Critical Systems
- Vehicle Command, Control
- Line Receiver
- Switching Power Supply
- Voltage Level Shifting
- Analog Signal Ground Isolation
- Isolated Input Line Receiver
- Isolated Output Line Driver
- Logic Ground Isolation
- Isolation for Test Equipment Systems
- Harsh Industrial Environments
Data Sheets & Technical Specifications
- Data Sheet - 4N55*, 5962-87679, HCPL-553X, HCPL-653X, HCPL-257K, HCPL-655X, 5962-90854, HCPL-550X Hermetically Sealed, Transistor Output Optocouplers for Analog Digital Applications Data Sheet (185 KB,PDF)
- Technical Specification - Class level build comparison (64 KB,PDF)
- White Paper - Using Hermetic Optocouplers in Military and Space Electronics (338 KB,PDF)
- Application Note - AN 1043 Common Mode Noise: Sources Solutions (77 KB,PDF)
- Application Note - AN 1087; Thermal Data for Avago Optocouplers (259 KB,PDF)
Design & Reference Guides
Product Change Notices
- Product Changes Notice (PCN) - Change Notification, HOC209, January 2000 (12 KB,PDF)
- Product Changes Notice (PCN) - Change Notification, HOC210, February 2000 (12 KB,PDF)
- Product Changes Notice (PCN) - PCN: A05-001-475179-0A, JUL. 2005 (374 KB,PDF)