Hermetically Sealed, Very High Speed, Logic Gate Optocouplers
The HCPL-6431 is a high reliability Class H two channel hermetically sealed optocoupler in a 20 pad Leadless Ceramic Chip Carrier with solder dipped pads. The solder contains lead.
The product is capable of operation and storage over the full military temperature range and may also be purchased as either commercial grade, with full MIL-PRF-38534 Class Level K testing, or from the DSCC Standard Microcircuit Drawing 5962-89571. The HCPL-6431 is manufactured and tested on a MIL-PRF-38534 certified line and is included in the DSCC Qualified Manufacturers List QML-38534 for Hybrid Microcircuits.
Each channel contains an AlGaAs light emitting diode which is optically coupled to an integrated high gain photon detector. This combination results in very high data rate capability. The detector has a threshold with hysteresis which typically provide 0.25 mA of differential mode noise immunity and minimizes the potential for output signal chatter. The detector in the single channel units has a three state output stage which eliminates the need for a pull-up resistor and allows for direct drive of a data bus.
All units are compatible with TTL, STTL, LSTTL, and HCMOS logic families. The 35 ns pulse width distortion specification guarantees a 10 MBd signaling rate at 125 degrees C with 35% pulse width distortion.
Package styles for this die set in one or two channels are 8-Pin DIP through hole and 20 pad leadless ceramic chip carrier. Most devices may be purchased with a variety of lead forms and plating options. See the datasheet for details.
Because the same electrical die (emitters and detectors) are used for each channel of each device listed in the datasheet, absolute maximum ratings, recommended operating conditions, electrical specifications, and performance characteristics shown in the datasheet figures are virtually identical for all parts. Occasional exceptions exist due to package variations and limitations and are as noted. Additionally, the same package assembly processes and materials are used in all devices. These similarities give justification for the use of data obtained from one part to represent other parts performance for reliability and certain limited radiation test results.
- High Reliability, Two Channel, 20 Pad LCCC
- Performance Guaranteed from -55 degrees to 125 degrees C
- MIL-PRF-38534 Class H, QML-38534
- Dual Marked with Device Part Number and DSCC Standard Microcircuit Drawing
- High Radiation Immunity
- Reliability Data
- MIL-PRF-38534 Class K Available
- Three Hermetically Sealed Package Configurations Available
- One and Two Channel Devices Available (different package)
- High Speed: 40 M bit/s
- Active (Totem Pole) Outputs
- CMR: 500 V/micro-second Guaranteed
- 1500 Vdc Withstand Test Voltage
- Three Stage Output Available
- Compatible with TTL, STTL,LSTTL, and HCMOS Logic Families
- Military and Aerospace
- High Reliability Systems
- Transportation, Medical, and Life Critical Systems
- Isolation of High Speed Logic Systems
- Switching Power Supplies
- Isolated Bus Driver (Networking Applications)
- Ground Loop Elimination
- Computer-Peripheral Interfaces
- Pulse Transformer Replacement
- High Speed Disk Drive I/O
- Digital Isolation for A/D, D/A Conversion
- Harsh Industrial Environments
Data Sheets & Technical Specifications
- Data Sheet - HCPL-540x, HCPL-643x, HCPL-543x, 5963-89570, 89571: Hermetically Sealed, Very High Speed, Logic Gate Optocouplers (347 KB,PDF)
- Technical Specification - Class level build comparison (64 KB,PDF)
- White Paper - Using Hermetic Optocouplers in Military and Space Electronics (338 KB,PDF)
- Application Note - AN 1043 Common Mode Noise: Sources Solutions (77 KB,PDF)
- Application Note - AN 1087; Thermal Data for Avago Optocouplers (259 KB,PDF)
- Application Note - Radiation Immunity Hermetic Optocouplers, Applications Note 1023 (143 KB,PDF)
Design & Reference Guides
Product Change Notices
- Product Changes Notice (PCN) - Change Notification, HOC208, October 1999 (14 KB,PDF)
- Product Changes Notice (PCN) - Change Notification, HOC210, February 2000 (12 KB,PDF)
- Product Changes Notice (PCN) - PCN: A05-001-475179-0A, JUL. 2005 (374 KB,PDF)