Miniature Surface-Mount Ambient Light Photo Sensor
The APDS-9008 is ideal for portable electronic devices applications in which the measurement of ambient light is used to control backlighting. Mobile appliances such as the mobile phones and PDAs that draw heavy current from display backlighting will benefit from incorporating these photo sensor products in their design by reducing power consumption significantly.
- Spectral responsivity close to that of human eye
- Miniature ChipLED Leadfree surface-mount package
Height – 0.55 mm
Width – 1.60 mm
Depth – 1.50 mm
- Low sensitivity variation across various light sources
- Operating temperature : -40°C to 85°C
- Low Vcc supply of 1.6V to 5.5V,
- Lead-free package, RoHS compliance
- Output linearity across wide illumination range
- Detection of ambient light to control display backlighting :
- Mobile devices – Mobile phones, PDAs
- Computing devices – Notebooks, Webpads
- Consumer devices – TVs, Video Cameras, Digital Still Camera
- Automatic Residential and Commercial Lighting Management
- Electronic Signs and Signals
- Excellent responsivity which peak close to the responsivity of the human eye.
- Miniature ChipLed leadfree surface-mount package.
- Good output linearity across wide illumination range.
- Low sensitivity variation across various light sources.
- Vcc supply from 1.6 to 5.5 V and Operating Temperature at -40°C to 85°C.
- Output linearity across wide illumination range.