Miniature Surface Mount Ambient Light Photo Sensor
The APDS-9006 is a low cost analog-output ambient light photo sensor in miniature chipLED lead-free, reverse surface mount package. It consists of a photo sensor, whose spectral response is close to CIE standard photopic observer. Hence, it provides an excellent responsivity that is close to the response of human eyes.
- Spectral responsivity close to that of human eye
- ChipLED Reverse surface-mount package
Height – 1.10mm
Width – 3.20mm
Depth – 1.60mm
- Good output linearity across wide illumination
- Low sensitivity variation across various light
- Operating temperature
-40°C to 85°C
- Vcc supply 2.4 to 5.5V
- Lead-free package, RoHS compliance.
- Detection of ambient light to control display backlighting
a. Mobile devices : Mobile phones, PDAs
b. Computing devices : Notebooks, Webpads
c. Consumer devices : TVs, video cameras, digital still cameras
- Automatic residential and commercial lighting management
- Electronic signs and signals
The APDS-9006 Ambient Light Photo Sensor is miniature in size and has close to human-eye response. It is simple in implementation which can be easily integrated into many applications.