Miniature Panel Mount Optical Encoders
The HRPG series is a family of miniature panel mount optical encoders, also known as Rotary Pulse Generators (RPG) and digital potentiometers. The HRPG is designed to be mounted on a front panel and used as a rotary, data-entry device. The HRPG is very flexible for numerous applications due to the many configuration options available. These options include detents or smooth, multiple terminations, versatile mounting capabilities, and different shaft configurations.
The HRPG uses optical reflective technology providing accuracy and reliability to the encoder. An LED emits a beam of light onto the specular codewheel surface. When the light strikes the surface, it projects the image of the codewheel back on the photodetector, causing the output to change. The entire detector circuit is on one IC, thus the part is less sensitive to temperature and other environmental variations.
- Miniature Size
- Smooth Turning and Detented Options
- Multiple Mounting Bracket Options
- Uses Optical Reflective Technology
- Quadrature Digital Output
- Small Footprint for Versatile Mounting
- TTL Compatible
Data Sheets & Technical Specifications
Product Change Notices
- Product Changes Notice (PCN) - PCN: A03-090-476103-OA, Jan 2003 (12 KB,PDF)
- Product Changes Notice (PCN) - V12-003-476103-OA (91 KB,PDF)