Three Channel Optical Incremental Encoder Modules
The HEDS-9040 and HEDS-9140 series are three channel optical incremental encoder modules. When used with a codewheel, these low cost modules detect rotary position. Each module consists of a lensed LED source and a detector IC enclosed in a small plastic package. Due to a highly collimated light source and a unique photodetector array, these modules provide the same high performance found in the HEDS-9000/9100 two channel encoder family.
The HEDS-9040 and 9140 have two channel quadrature outputs plus a third channel index output. This index output is a 90 electrical degree high true index pulse which is generated once for each full rotation of the codewheel.
The HEDS-9040 is designed for use with a HEDX-614X codewheel which has an optical radius of 23.36 mm (0.920 inch). The HEDS-9140 is designed for use with a HEDS-5140 codewheel which has an optical radius of 11.00 mm (0.433 inch).
The quadrature signals and the index pulse are accessed through five 0.025 inch square pins located on 0.1 inch centers.
- Two Channel Quadrature Output with Index Pulse
- Resolution Up to 2000 CPR Counts Per Revolution
- Low Cost
- Easy to Mount
- No Signal Adjustment Required
- Small Size
- -40 degrees C to 100 degrees C Operating Temperature
- TTL Compatible
- Single 5 V Supply
Data Sheets & Technical Specifications
- Application Note - AN1108 Design Operational Considerations for Encoders (145 KB,PDF)
- Application Note - AN 1250: Sewing Machine, Tape Drive Vending Machine Applications Encoders (45 KB,PDF)
Product Change Notices
- Product Changes Notice (PCN) - PCN: A02-089-476103-OA, Jan 2003 (91 KB,PDF)
- Product Changes Notice (PCN) - PCN: A03-090-476103-OA, Jan 2003 (12 KB,PDF)
- Product Changes Notice (PCN) - PCN: V08-006-476103-0A (38 KB,PDF)
- Product Changes Notice (PCN) - PCN: V08-006-476103-0B (56 KB,PDF)