Two Channel Optical Incremental Encoder Modules
The HEDS-9000 and the HEDS-9100 series are high performance, low cost, optical incremental encoder modules. When used with a codewheel, these modules detect rotary position. The modules consist of a lensed (LED) source and a detector IC enclosed in a small C-shaped plastic package. Due to a highly collimated light source and unique photodetector array, these modules are extremely tolerant to mounting misalignment.
The two channel digital outputs and the single 5 V supply input are accessed through five 0.025 inch square pins located on 0.1 inch centers.
Standard resolutions for the HEDS-9000 are 500 CPR and 1000 CPR for use with a HEDS-6100 codewheel or equivalent.
For the HEDS-9100, standard resolutions between 96 CPR and 512 CPR are available for use with a HEDS-5120 codewheel or equivalent.
- High Performance
- High Resolution
- Low Cost
- Easy to Mount
- No Signal Adjustment Required
- Small Size
- -40 degrees C to 100 degrees C Operating Temperature
- Two Channel Quadrature Output
- TTL Compatible
- Single 5V Supply
- Tape drives
- Factory automation equipment
Data Sheets & Technical Specifications
- Application Note - AN1108 Design Operational Considerations for Encoders (145 KB,PDF)
- Application Note - AN 1250: Sewing Machine, Tape Drive Vending Machine Applications Encoders (45 KB,PDF)
Product Change Notices
- Product Changes Notice (PCN) - PCN: A02-089-476103-OA, Jan 2003 (91 KB,PDF)
- Product Changes Notice (PCN) - PCN: A03-090-476103-OA, Jan 2003 (12 KB,PDF)
- Product Changes Notice (PCN) - PCN: V08-006-476103-0A (38 KB,PDF)
- Product Changes Notice (PCN) - PCN: V08-006-476103-0B (56 KB,PDF)