400CPR, 3-channel Incremental Optical Encoder
The AEDX-8xxx series are two- and three-channel transmissive optical encoders modules, designed for use in a variety of industrial appllications and automation equipments.
To ensure its robustness and ease of use, the encoder is built complete with an integrated codewheel and an IP40 (Ingress protection) housing. This makes the encoder ideal for applications requiring a robust encoder feedback system.
The AEDx-8xxx series consists of a collimated LED source and a detector IC enclosed within a small plastic package measuring at 20mm in outer diameter and 18mm height. Due to its highly collimated light source and the unique photo detector array design, the AEDX-8XXX is extremely tolerant to mounting misaligment.
The AEDX-8XXX output channels consist of a two channel quadrature output and an optional third channel index output (A, B, I). This un-gated index output is a positive index pulse (typical 240 electrical degrees high) that is generated once for each full mechanical revolution of the codewheel. Its optical encoder is designed for use for motors with shaft diameters of 2mm and up to 5mm.
The quadrature, index and power supplied to the encoder are accessed through 8 pins male connector pins located on 1.25 mm (pitch).
- 3-channel differential output (A,B) with ungated, gated-90 ° and gated-180 ° index pulse (I)
- 2-channel differential output available
- Up to 500 Cycles Per Revolution (CPR)
- Up to 30000 rpm motor speed
- -40 °C to 100 °C operating temperature
- Single 5 V supply
- Integrated RS-422 line driver
- Quick and easy assembly
- Low cost
- DC Servo & Stepper Motors
- Pick and place machines
- Packaging machines
- Machine tools
- Factory automation
- Textile machines
Data Sheets & Technical Specifications
Product Change Notices
- Product Changes Notice (PCN) - PCN: V11-001-476103-OA (295 KB,PDF)
- Product Changes Notice (PCN) - V11-003-476103-OA (70 KB,PDF)
- Product Changes Notice (PCN) - V12-001-476103-OA (103 KB,PDF)