High Resolution Kit Encoder
The Avago HEDR-5xxx Series encoders are high performance replacements for our existing low cost HEDS-5xxx series three channel optical encoders. These upgraded encoders now come with higher resolution of 1200cpr to 3600cpr and are designed for easy assembly. The base-plate and outer diameter of these encoders are also compatible with the legacy HEDS-5xxx series making them ideal replacements for users who wish to upgrade due to higher CPR requirements.
Each encoder contains a codewheel, LED source, detector and integrated circuitry. As the codewheel rotates the detector IC generates two square waves in quadrature and an index pulse (high state) of 90°e (gated to signal A and B low), once per each full rotation of the codewheel.
The HEDR-5xxx encoders accommodate shaft diameters of 2mm to 8 mm and are capable of operation in high temperature environments up to 100°C. Either shielded cable (single ended or line driver) or ribbon cable (line driver) pin-out connectivity options are available.
- Three channel encoder A,B and I
- Available with option of ribbon or shielded cabling
- Single 5V supply
- Resolution of 1200 to 3600 CPR
- Available in TTL compatible, open collector and line driver options
- Quick assembly
- IP40 rating
- No signal adjustment required
- Small size -40 °C to 100 °C operating temperature
Data Sheets & Technical Specifications
- Application Note - AN 5560; HEDR-5xxx High Resolution Series, Three Channel Quick Assembly Encoders (211 KB,PDF)