Reflective Optical Encoder
The AEDR-8300 series is the smallest optical encoder employing reflective technology for motion control purposes. The encoder combines an emitter and a detector in a single surface mount leadless package. When used with a codewheel or linear codestrip, the encoder translates rotary or linear motion into digital output.
The AEDR-8300 series outputs TTL compatible quadrature signals; and as such, can be interfaced directly with most of hte signal processing circuitries. Hence, the encoder provides great design-in flexibility and easy integration into existing systems.
The AEDR-8300 series provides motion sensing at a competitive cost, making it ideal for high volume applications, Its small size and surface mount package make it ideal for printers, copiers, card readers and many consumer products, particularly where space and weight are design constraint.
- Reflective technology
- Surface mount small outline leadless package
- Two channel quadrature outputs for direction sensing
- TTL compatible output
- Single 5V supply
- -20oC to 85oC absolute operating temperature
- Resolution:5.91 lines/mm(150 lines/inch)
- Machine tools
- Semiconductor Machineries
- Automotive (Body plant robot cells for assembly & welding)
- Viewing angle designed for wide field of view application
- Superior performance in outdoor environments
Data Sheets & Technical Specifications
- Application Note - AN 5246, General Description and Typical Application of AEDR-8300 Encoder (79 KB,PDF)
- Application Note - AN 5247; Design Handling and Tooling Consideration with AEDR-8300 Encoder (91 KB,PDF)
- Application Note - AN 5308 - Low Cost Encoder Solution For PTZ Camera Systems (177 KB,PDF)
- FAQs - AEDR-8300 Series Reflective Surface Mount Optical Encoder Frequently Asked Questions (34 KB,PDF)