Envisium Power PLCC-4 Surface Mount LED
Winner of the EE Times ACE Ultimate Products of the Year Award - Interconnect, Passive and Electromechanical Components (IP&E) category
Envisium is a premier brand for Mid-Power LEDs, by Avago Technologies and Philips Lumileds, which are two powerhouse companies in LED technology and products. Both Avago Technologies and Philips Lumileds are reputable LED suppliers in the industry, with leading LED technologies, packaging expertise and high volume logistics. With Envisium, customers can now have new choices of mid-Power LEDs.
Avago Technologies and Philips Lumileds co-developed Mid-Power LED, the Envisium Power PLCC-4 SMT LED is an extension of Avago Technologies PLCC-4 SMT LEDs. The package can be driven at high current due to its superior package design. The product is able to dissipate heat more efficiently compared to the conventional PLCC-2 SMT LEDs. This family of LEDs is able to produce higher light output with best Flux performance compared to the conventional PLCC-4 SMT LEDs.
These SMT LEDs have higher reliability and better performance and are designed to work under a wide range of environmental conditions. This higher reliability makes them suitable for use under harsh environment and conditions like automotive. In addition, they are also suitable to be used in electronic signs and signals. To facilitate easy pick and place assembly, the LEDs are packed in EIA-compliant tape and reel. Every reel will be shipped in single intensity and color bin (except for red color), to provide close uniformity.
These LEDs are compatible with IR solder reflow process. Due to the high reliability feature of these products, they also can be mounted using through-the-wave soldering process.
The Envisium Power PLCC4 SMT LED comes with 3 colors, red, red-orange and amber. They are most suitable for automotive interior and exterior lighting and electronic signs and signals applications.
- Industry standard PLCC-4 (Plastic Leaded Chip Carrier)
- High reliability LED package
- Mid Power intensity brightness with optimum Flux performance using TS AlInGaP dice technologies
- Available in Red, Red Orange and Amber colors
- High optical efficiency
- Higher ambient temperature at the same current possible compared to PLCC-2
- Super wide viewing angle at 120°
- Available in 8mm carrier tape on 7-inch reel
- Compatible with both IR and TTW soldering process
- Interior automotive
- Instrument panel backlighting
- Central console backlighting
- Navigation and audio system
- Push button backlighting
- Exterior automotive
- Turn signals
- Side repeaters
- Rear combination lamp
- Puddle light
- Electronic signs and signals
- Channel Lettering
- Contour lighting
- Indoor Variable message sign
- Office automation, home appliances, industrial equipment
- Front panel backlighting
- Push button backlighting
- Display backlighting