AFBR-79EIDZ 40G-iSR4 QSFP+ Pluggable, Parallel Fiber Optics Module for 40G and 10G Ethernet
It integrates four data lanes in each direction with each lane operating at 10.3125 Gbps, giving an aggregated bandwidth of 40 Gbps. This transceiver can also be used for high density 10 Gigabit Ethernet application to allow effective port count of over 100 within a 1 RU rack. It allows optical interoperability with any 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) transceiver, compliant to the IEEE 802.3ae 10GBASE-SR specifications, of form factors such as SFP+, XFP and X2.
This QSFP+ transceiver supports link lengths for either 40 Gigabit Ethernet or high density 10 Gigabit Ethernet applications up to 100 meters using OM3 fiber or 150 meters using OM4 fiber. These modules are designed to operate over multimode fiber systems using a nominal wavelength of 850nm. The electrical interface uses a 38 contact edge type connector. The optical interface uses an 8 or 12 fiber MTP® (MPO) connector. This module incorporates Avago Technologies proven integrated circuit and VCSEL technology to provide reliable long life, high performance, and consistent service.
This transceiver is designated as a 40G-iSR4 solution, where the letter i represents interoperability between this QSFP+ transceiver with any 10GBASE-SR compliant modules.
- Compliant to the 40GBASE-SR4 Specification per IEEE 802.3ba D3.2
- Compliant to the industry standard SFF-8436 QSFP+ Specification Revision 3.5
- Power Level 1: Max Power <1.5W
- High port density: 21mm horizontal port pitch
- Operate at 10.3125 Gbps per channel with 64b/66b encoded data
- Links up to 100m using OM3 fiber and 150m using OM4 fiber
- Supports interoperability with IEEE 802.3ae 10GBASE-SR modules of various form factors such as SFP+, XFP, and X2
- 0 to 70°C case temperature operating range
- Proven High Reliability 850 nm technology: Avago VCSEL array transmitter and Avago PIN array receiver
- Hot pluggable transceiver for servicing and ease of installation
- Two Wire Serial (TWS) interface with maskable interrupts for expanded functionality
- Utilizes a standard 12/8 lane optical fiber with MTP® (MPO) optical connector for high density and thin, light-weight cable management
- 40GE and high density 10GE Ethernet interconnects
- Datacom/Telecom switch & router connections
- Data aggregation and backplane applications
- Proprietary protocol and density applications
Data Sheets & Technical Specifications
- Data Sheet - AFBR-79EIZ, AFBR-79EIDZ, 40G-iSR4 QSFP+ Pluggable, Parallel Fiber-Optics Module for 40Gigabit and 10Gigabit Ethernet Applications (637 KB,PDF)
- White Paper - QSFP+ iSR4, 40Gb Ethernet QSFP+ Transceiver, Interoperable with 10GBASE-SR up to 100 m (290 KB,PDF)