DC to 50 Megabaud Versatile Link Fiber Optic Transmitter for 1 mm POF
The transmitter input is compatible with TTL logic families. The transmitter operates any type of signal from DC up to 50 MBd at distances up to 50 meters with 1 mm POF.
The transmitter is a 3-pin device, packed in Versatile Link housing. Versatile Link components can be interlocked (N-plexed together) to minimize space and to provide dual connections with the duplex connectors. Various simplex and duplex connectors, as well as POF cables are available for Versatile Link components.
- Data transmission at signal rates from DC up to 50 MBd
- Integrated 650nm LED and driver IC with TTL input logic
- Up to 50 meters distance with 1 mm Plastic Optical Fiber (POF)
- Operating temperature range of -40° C to +85° C
- Compatible with Avago’s Versatile Link family of connectors, for easy termination of fiber
- Industrial control and factory automation
- Extension of RS-232 and RS-485
- High voltage isolation
- Elimination of ground loops
- Reduces voltage transient susceptibility
Data Sheets & Technical Specifications
- Data Sheet - AFBR-1624Z/1629Z, AFBR-2624Z/2529Z, DC, 50 MBd Versatile Link Fiber Optic Tx/Rx for 1 mm POF and 200 μm PCS (257 KB,PDF)
- White Paper - Fiber versus Copper Links: Making the Right Choice for Industrial Environments (173 KB,PDF)