Customer Service Policy
Digi-Key Corporation ("Digi-Key") operates the Web site (the "Site") to provide online access to information about products available from Digi-Key (the "Products") and to facilitate transactions for the purchase of Products (the "Service").
Digi-Key reserves the right to modify this Agreement at any time without giving you prior notice. Your use of the Site following any such modification constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by the Agreement as modified. The last date this Agreement was revised is set forth below.
1. Intellectual Property. The Service, the Site, and all information and/or content that you see, hear or otherwise experience on the Site (the "Content") are protected by U.S. and international copyright, trademark and other laws, and belong to Digi-Key or its parent, partners, affiliates, contributors or third parties.
Digi-Key grants you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the Site, the Service and the Content and to download, print and store portions of the Content that you select, provided that you: (1) only use these copies of the Content for your own internal business purposes or your personal, non-commercial use; (2) do not copy or post the Content on any network computer or transmit, distribute, publish or broadcast the Content in any media; and (3) do not modify or alter the Content in any way, or delete or change any copyright or trademark notice. No right, title or interest in any downloaded Content or materials is transferred to you as a result of this license. Digi-Key reserves complete title and full intellectual property rights in any Content you download from the Site, subject to this limited license for you to make personal use of the Content as set forth herein.
You may not use any of the marks or logos appearing throughout the Site without express written consent from the trademark owner, except as permitted by applicable law.
You may not mirror, scrape, or frame the home page or any other pages of this Site on any other Web site or web page. You may not connect “deep links” to the Site, i.e. , create links to this site that bypass the home page or other parts of the Site without written permission.
2. Disclaimer of Warranties. DIGI-KEY MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO ANY PRODUCT, OR WITH RESPECT TO THE SITE, THE SERVICE OR THE CONTENT. DIGI-KEY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NONINFRINGEMENT WITH REGARD TO THE PRODUCTS, THE SITE, THE SERVICE, AND THE CONTENT. DIGI-KEY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS PERFORMED BY THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS IN THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL BE CORRECTED. DIGI-KEY DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENT, OR THAT ANY ERRORS IN THE CONTENT WILL BE CORRECTED. THE SITE, THE SERVICE AND THE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS.
3. Additional Disclaimers. Without limiting the disclaimers set forth in Section 3:
a. No Use as Critical Components. Products sold by Digi-Key are not authorized for use in any manner as a component of a life support device or system, whose failure to perform can be reasonably expected to cause the failure of the life support device or system, or to affect its safety or effectiveness.
b. No Military Qualified Parts. Digi-Key does not stock or sell any product that meets the performance or documentation requirements as outlined by any Military Qualified Parts List ("QPL"). Digi-Key does stock and sell product that has been manufactured to Mil Spec, but this in no way indicates that those parts are acceptable or appropriate for use in any military application. Mil Spec is used as an industry-common reference and is not an indication of end use qualification.
c. Technical Assistance and Design Support Services. Digi-Key offers its Technical Assistance and Design Support Services solely as a convenience to Digi-Key customers. Digi-Key Technical Assistance and Design Support Services personnel strive to provide useful information regarding the Products. Digi-Key does not guarantee that any information or recommendation provided is accurate, complete, or correct, and Digi-Key shall have no responsibility or liability whatsoever in connection with any information or recommendation provided, or your reliance on such information or recommendation. You are solely responsible for analyzing and determining the appropriateness of any information or recommendation provided by Digi-Key Technical Assistance and Design Support Services Personnel, and any reliance on such information or recommendation is at your sole risk and discretion.
d. Correction of Errors and Inaccuracies. The Content may contain typographical errors or other errors or inaccuracies and may not be complete or current. Digi-Key therefore reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update the Content at any time without prior notice. Digi-Key does not, however, guarantee that any errors, inaccuracies or omissions will be corrected.
e. Third Party Links. Hypertext links to third party Web sites or information do not constitute or imply an endorsement, sponsorship, or recommendation by Digi-Key of the third party, the third-party Web site, or the information contained therein, unless expressly stated on the Site. You acknowledge and agree that Digi-Key is not responsible.
f. Geographic Limitations on Use. Like most Internet Web sites, this Site is accessible worldwide. However, not all Digi-Key products or services are available to all persons or in all geographic locations. Digi-Key reserves the right to limit the provision of its products and services to any person, geographic area, or jurisdiction and to limit the quantities of any products or services that it provides. You agree to comply with all applicable laws and local rules regarding the transmission of technical data, acceptable content, and online conduct.
g. Color Display. The Site attempts to display as accurately as possible the colors of the products shown on the Site. However because the colors you see will depend on many factors, including your monitor or printer, Digi-Key cannot guarantee that the color you see matches the product color.
4. Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL DIGI-KEY BE LIABLE TO THE BUYER OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS, OR LOSS OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO (I) ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE PROVIDED OR TO BE PROVIDED BY DIGI-KEY, OR THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SAME, (II) THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, THE SERVICE, OR THE CONTENT, (III) ANY TRANSACTION CONDUCTED THROUGH OR FACILITATED BY THE SITE; (IV) ANY CLAIM ATTRIBUTABLE TO ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE SITE, THE SERVICE AND/OR THE CONTENT, (V) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, (VI) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SITE OR THE SERVICE, OR (VII) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE PRODUCTS, THE SITE, THE SERVICE, OR THE CONTENT; EVEN IF DIGI-KEY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
DIGI-KEY'S SOLE OBLIGATION AND LIABILITY FOR PRODUCT DEFECTS SHALL BE, AT DIGI-KEY'S OPTION, TO REPLACE SUCH DEFECTIVE PRODUCT OR REFUND TO CUSTOMER THE AMOUNT PAID BY CUSTOMER THEREFORE. IN NO EVENT SHALL DIGI-KEY'S LIABILITY EXCEED THE BUYER'S PURCHASE PRICE. The foregoing remedy shall be subject to buyer's written notification of defect and return of the defective product within ninety (90) days of purchase. The foregoing remedy does not apply to products that have been subjected to misuse (including without limitation static discharge), neglect, accident or modification, or to products that have been soldered or altered during assembly, or are otherwise not capable of being tested.
5. Indemnification. You understand and agree that you are personally responsible for your use or inability to use the Products, your reliance upon any information or recommendation provided by Digi-Key Technical Assistance and Design Support Services Personnel, and your behavior on the Site. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Digi-Key, its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, joint ventures, business partners, licensors, employees, agents, and any third-party information providers to the Service from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs (including, but not limited to, direct, incidental, consequential, exemplary and indirect damages), and reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from or arising out of your use, misuse, or inability to use the Products, the Site, the Service, or the Content, your reliance upon any information or recommendation provided by Digi-Key Technical Assistance and Design Support Services Personnel, or any violation by you of this Agreement.
6. User Conduct. You agree not to take any action that might compromise the security of the Site, render the Site inaccessible to others or otherwise cause damage to the Site or the Content. You agree not to add to, subtract from, or otherwise modify the Content. You agree not to use the Site in any manner that might interfere with the rights of third parties.
7. User Supplied Information. If you supply or post any information or material to the Site, you guarantee to us that you have the legal right to post such material and that it will not violate any law or the rights of any person or entity. By posting material on the Site, you give Digi-Key the royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right to use, distribute, display and create derivative works from this material, in any and all media, in any manner, in whole or in part, without any restriction or responsibilities to you.
8. General Provisions. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof. No waiver by Digi-Key of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. If any part of the Agreement is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, it will not impact any other provision of the Agreement, all of which will remain in full force and effect. Any and all disputes relating to the Agreement, Digi-Key's Privacy Statement , or your use of the Site, the Service, or the Content (collectively, "Disputes") are governed by, and will be interpreted in accordance with, the laws of the State of Minnesota, without regard to any conflict of laws provisions. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to this Agreement. Any Dispute will be venued in a state or federal court situated in Minneapolis , Minnesota , and you hereby irrevocably submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for that purpose.
Conditions of Order
All orders placed via the Site are subject to the terms of this Agreement, including the following Conditions of Order. No change, alteration, deletion or modification of any of this Agreement is permitted without written permission by an authorized Digi-Key representative. Any purported change submitted by a purchaser in any additional documentation is hereby expressly rejected. Orders placed on forms deviating from these terms and conditions may be accepted, but solely on the basis that the terms of this Agreement will prevail.
1. Order Validation and Acceptance. When you place an order, we may verify your method of payment, shipping address and/or tax exempt identification number, if any, before processing your order. Your placement of an order via the Site is an offer to purchase our Products. Digi-Key may accept your order by processing your payment and shipping the Product, or may, for any reason, decline to accept your order or any part of your order. No order shall be considered to be accepted by Digi-Key until the Product has been shipped. If we decline to accept your order, we will attempt to notify you using the email address or other contact information you have provided with your order.
2. Quantity Limitations. Digi-Key may limit or cancel quantities available for purchase on any order on any basis, and to alter the availability or duration of any special offers at any time. Digi-Key may reject any order, or any part of an order.
3. Electronic Communication. When you place an order via the Site, you are required to provide a valid email address, which we may use to communicate with you regarding the status of your order, advise you regarding shipment of backordered products, and to provide you with any other notices, disclosures or other communications relating to your order. You agree that Digi-Key will not be responsible for any damage you incur, or information you do not receive, as a result of your failure to provide a valid email address.
4. Pricing and Product Information. Digi-Key Corporation purchases all product directly from its original manufacturer.
Digi-Key makes every effort to provide current and accurate information relating to the Products and prices, but does not guarantee the currency or accuracy of any such information. Information relating to Products is subject to change without notice. Prices are subject to change at any time prior to Digi-Key's acceptance of your order. In the event we discover a material error in the description or availability of a Product that affects your outstanding order with Digi-Key, or an error in pricing, we will notify you of the corrected version, and you may choose to accept the corrected version, or cancel the order. If you choose to cancel the order, and your credit card has already been charged for a purchase, Digi-Key will issue a credit to your credit card in the amount of the charge. All prices are in the currency displayed on the Site.
5. Payment. Digi-Key offers MasterCard, VISA, American Express and Discover. Payment must be made in the currency in which the order was placed. We cannot accept personal checks or certified personal checks.
6. Shipping Charges. Shipping or freight charges and insurance will be paid by the customer. All sales are made FOB point in Thief River Falls , MN , USA . Shipping or freight charges from Digi-Key's warehouse in Thief River Falls , MN are prepaid and added to the invoice. Shipping Cost Estimator
7. Handling Charge. There is no minimum order or handling fee.
8. Sales Tax. Sales tax is charged on shipments in most states that have a sales tax, unless you have tax exempt status or we have your resale certificate. If you have tax-exempt status, you must provide a valid tax exemption number evidencing your status at the time of purchase. When placing an order on the Site you can add an order note that you are tax exempt. You must fax in a copy of the resale certificate. Digi-Key will not refund tax amounts collected in the event a valid number is not provided. If you provide a number that is not accepted for any reason by any governmental or regulatory authority, and Digi-Key is required to pay tax on your purchase, you will reimburse Digi-Key for the amount of such tax, and Digi-Key's reasonable expenses incurred in connection with the payment and collection of such tax. Fax your resale certificate and your customer number to 218-681-7931, Attention: Sales Tax.
9. Out of Stock. If product you order is out of stock at time of order placement, you may elect to have it shipped on a subsequent shipment. Additional shipping charges will apply to each shipment. Backorders will be held based on your request.
10. International Orders. In addition to the United States and its territories, Digi-Key accepts international orders. All orders of international origin are exported from the US in accordance with the Export Administration Regulations. Diversion contrary to US Law is prohibited. All duties and taxes will be the responsibility of the customer.
11. Freight Damage. If you receive merchandise that has been damaged in transit, it is important to keep the shipping carton, packing material and parts intact. Please contact a Digi-Key Customer Service representative immediately to initiate a claim. See "QUESTIONS OR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION" at the bottom of this page.
12. Return Policy. Digi-Key accepts merchandise returns subject to the terms outlined below and will replace the product or refund your money at your option.
To facilitate processing of returned merchandise:
- Please contact a Customer Service representative to obtain an RMA (Returned Merchandise Authorization) number prior to returning product. See "QUESTIONS OR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION" at the bottom of this page.
- All returns should be made within 30 days of date of invoice and be accompanied by the original invoice number and a brief explanation of the reason for the return.
- Return freight charge must be prepaid. Sorry, C.O.D. returns cannot be accepted.
- Returned merchandise must be in original packaging and in resalable condition.
- Parts returned due to customer error may be subject to a restocking charge. "Not-In Catalog Items" and parts specified as "Non-Cancelable/Non-Returnable" at time of quote or sale are not returnable.
- Defective merchandise may be returned within 90 days of the original invoice date and need not be in original packaging.
A Customer Service Representative for this Site can be contacted by phone, fax, email or by mail.
Phone from U.S or Canada: (888) 598-1502
Phone Outside of U.S. or Canada: (218) 681-7845
Fax: (218) 681-0210
Address: Digi-Key Corporation
P.O. Box 677
701 Brooks Avenue South
Thief River Falls , MN , 56701
© 2009, Digi-Key Corporation. All rights reserved.
QUESTIONS OR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION. If you have questions regarding this Agreement or wish to obtain additional information, please contact a Customer Service representative .